Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Kuurs" and extra virgin olive oil

     Eat my Psoas Major! Chew on my dainty filet. Ok, ok. Sorry. Actually, wait, that makes it all sound small. Well, Filet Mignon's big reputation makes it a perfectly acceptable indulgence for canoeing.
     After camp was set up, and the fire began to give birth to the perfect orange coals, I broke out my little backpackers collapsable  grill. I pulled from the cooler the white butchers paper the two fist sized filets were folded in. Opening it up, an almost guilty look came over us. We cheersed our Coors cans, I'm sorry; "Kuurs". A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper is all it needed before it hit the grill. The same to a few spears of asparagus, a sprinkle if chile, some herbed butter, mmm, dinner, our first night canoe camping ever, was awesome!

No comments: